Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Left Coast

This day has already been fraught with good things and bad things. To whit:

-My alarm went off on time at 4:15 am
-I only had about three and half hours sleep
-The car service was on time
-There was a terrible three car accident on the Van Wyck and we sat in traffic for 20 minutes
-I managed to get upgraded to business class on the flight
-I sat next to a very chatty and animated man who had an opinion on everything (fortunately he was in the fashion business so the conversation was very interesting, even if the duration was five hours)
-The flight arrived in San Francisco on time
-The airline lost my luggage (it STILL hasn't arrived)
-Marv and MeiMei met me at the airport
-Did I mention my luggage didn't arrive?
-We went to a favorite breakfast eatery for crab crepes
-They put avocado on the crepe (I know it's freakish, but I hate avocado)

We finally arrived at Marv and MeiMei's home and I was weighing the outcome of the first half of the day. I opened the door of their guestroom, opened the window, sucked in the fresh air of the 60 degree day and looked out on the view:
Then I looked down at their dog who has been glued to my side since my arrival (and whom I know will share the double bed with me for the duration of my visit.

You know, I think it's actually a very good day after all.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Is this business or pleasure? I love San Francisco. Have a great time. The dog is so cute.

morewines said...

I just love living on the Left Coast.

morewines said...

C&W
If you visit Thomas Coyne Winery.
You can take wine back on the plane.
Get a shipper case box and check it
with your other luggage when you get
to the airport. Is ok to check wine
but you can't carry it on board.

Many other GREAT wineries in the same
area as Thomas Coyne.

Unknown said...

I had a dream about you last night. The gist of it was that you had your own talk show. T'was cool.
P.S. I can't believe you are sleeping with an outside poopah.

mary said...

Is that the original Nile? How old is he now?

Chicken And Waffles said...

Karen: It's a business trip, but I am seeing/staying with family and dining with old friends so it's a bit of both.

I'd love to have my own talk show, Womp! A real dream job!!

Miss Mary--that is the original Nile. The little devil is almost eight years old now. He almost chewed up a pair of my nice patent boots during this past visit so his behavior still borders on the mischevious, despite his advanced years.