Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Fine Line of Sexual Preference

My brother, a straight married man with a preference for Asian and Latina women, was misquoted in the local San Francisco media this week. The quote made the assumption his preference tended toward men. In one of those moments that are often utilized in a movie scenario, a miscommunication resulted in a plethora of ribbing from his colleagues and he'd had one miserable week. You just have to laugh. God knows I did.

I spoke to him today and he's bearing up well. As twins, we both suffer the odd perception that we prefer the same sex. And while we're both totally comfortable with the same sex, we ultimately both have preferences of the opposite sex.

I do appreciate women. I find them physically attractive, fascinating and intriguing. This would make me the ideal lesbian save one key element--I miss The Dick. I admit it. There is nothing more exciting to me than a raging hard on. A man may be a dullard but a coupla inches of hard throbbing business has me utterly... It's true, as sad as that sounds.

I like the way a man smells. I like the bulk of their arms, the awkwardness of their gestures, the squareness of their features. There is something about a man that thrills me.

I've never been with a woman. A roommate in college tried to persuade me but without the package, I could not commit. That's just me. And she was a lovely girl.

Despite the fact, women still seems to like me. And I like the attention. I suspect that an indulgence with a woman would result in an utterly satisfying experience. Yet in the end I still need The Dick.

My favorite reality show (besides "Project Runway") is on MTV. "A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila" features a bi-sexual My Space celebrity enjoying the attentions of men and women vying for her affection. To date. many of both sexes have been eliminated. Those who remain contain a weird selection of men and skanky women. And a firewoman whom I find strangely gorgeous. Dani is butch and more masculine than most of the men. Yet she seems down to Earth and in her masculine way, quite appealing.

Maybe we're meant to be sexually confused in life. I wonder.

5 comments:

caryl said...

You have a twin? cool.

What DO lesbians do? (Don't answer that!)

Unknown said...

All these little details about our C&W are coming out! She's a twin, she's married. At least she isn't coming out coming out. All of our illusions would be shot!

Chicken And Waffles said...

Aw, Jen..I'll try to keep a few secrets in my back pocket for you.

Thanks for the turkey tips, by the way. And you've totally solved the gravy timing issue. I love your blog but I can't figure out how to post a comment there yet. I will sort it our eventually. (Jen's blog is "New England Vittles" under the blog roll at the left).

Jane said...

Waffles is too much woman for just about anyone! Fang is a lucky, lucky man (and he knows it). I could offer some choice commentary about what the lesbians do, but I'll let it remain shrouded in mystery. *snort*

Unknown said...

CW - thanks for your compliments on the blog. You do need to sign up for a username and password for my blog. Unfortunately, it won't remember it for you, even though there is a checkbox that says remember me. Also, when you comment, it doesn't show up right away. There is a delay of a few minutes, sometimes longer. Thanks for trying!