Monday, November 19, 2007

The View From Here


One of the truest pleasures of going to work is the view from my office window. It was delightful in spring and awash in green in the summer. Yet nothing compares to the beauty of the autumn. This is the view from one of my windows. A trio of aged trees are brilliant with red foliage. If the sun is out, the reflection of their fiery finery colors the hues of my walls. It is simply breathtaking.

I decided to document this phenomenon today as the season grows short. On the drive North this morning, I drove through a mix of snow and rain. The temperatures have dropped. Winter has decided to intrude on this lovely period of leaf evolution and I expect she will be a tempestuous thing this year. The robust red trio will soon be bereft of their wardrobe and my view for the next four or five months will be the antiquated cemetery that flanks this office park (which actually looks quite charming when covered with the Winter snowfall).

For the time that remains, I intend to cherish the color of nature's flamboyant parade. How can you not?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of your window. My office has a window, but it is very high on the wall. I can't see much unless I stand up. When I do, I can see the tops of trees, which are already bare and today it is snowing.

caryl said...

In about an hour my husband and I are heading off to a bed and breakfast in the Hill country of Texas. I'm HOPING for some autumn foliage, but where we live in TX we don't usually see any color until about January (if at all!)

Your photo makes me miss home.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!
From my kitchen window at work i see...euuh bricks and more windows.
It's not too shabby!