Monday, February 21, 2011

So I Sorta Need to Blog Again

I haven't blogged for awhile. I admit my job, a primary precedent, has come first and can be a demanding mistress. I have adopted two dogs under the age of one that are rather demanding of my home time. I have yet to engage a housekeeper to alleviate me of the housework that mounts every week. In short, I have no time these days for the luxury of blogging.

But I kinda need to blog. There is alot going on and this is really my only outlet.

So as my friend Mamela suggests, I'll bottom line it for you all:

-So excited about Spring fashion. I love the excessive displays of white, platform wedge heels, jewel color palettes, nudes and leather.I need to go shopping.
-Almost bought a shearling jacket yesterday. It was Euro-trash fabulous, but I bought a wool jacket instead. Tahari, on sale for $79.00. A steal.
-The dogs are taking over my home life. They've trashed the apartment and chewed up all of my Persian rugs. On the upside, they are incredibly popular among the doormen, neighbors, transients and bodega owners on the block.
-I decided to compile my resume. The last time I did so was ten years ago. It's really hard to remember what you were doing during the Millennium, besides panicking.
-I had a pedicure. Because the winter has been cruel, it took the technician an hour to razor all the dead skin off of my heels.
-Did I mention that I have two dogs? Yeah, I am sleeping four hours a night.
-And now the youngest dog is humping my leg. And it's a female.
-I just read that Marcus Samuelsson just opened a branch of his Red Rooster restaurants in Harlem. I must go. Soon. Very soon.
-Starting my kickboxing again. I expect my first foray into grappling will result in a proper ass kicking. Give me time.
-I still hate, no, deplore, male drivers in BMWs with New Jersey plates. You bastards wil burn in Hell.
-There's a joint in Harlem that names its chicken & waffles entree after the Rev. Al Sharpton. I agree. Stacked high and full of additives

And on to another week.

3 comments:

stacey said...

I must know the name of the joint with the Rev. Al chicken and waffles!

amynoroom said...

Those puppies are wearing you out!!!!! Glad to see you love them even after they chewed up your perisian rugs. Haa haaa!!!! You're an awesome mom!

Chicken And Waffles said...

Stacey: The place is called Miss Maude's on Lenox Ave. in Harlem. It is supposed to be awesome, Zagat approved! :)