Friday, April 20, 2007

Have You Ever Wanted to Put Pins Your Eyes?

Well, I have. At this very moment.

I just got home from a run around day in the city and I badly need a shower after a powerhouse at the gym and I will require a fair amount of work to prepare myself to go to the Beacon to meet Jules for tonight's Taylor Hicks concert.

I decided to quickly check my e-mail before undertaking my restoration and there in my e-mail spam file is a message telling me that I have won one of 20 meet and greets before the show with Mr. Hicks himself. I need to be there at 4:30 pm...which is four minutes from now.

MOTHERFUCKERGODDAMNSONOFABITCH.

I obviously will not make it. The e-mail was sent today at 12:30 and I've been out of the house since 8:00 am. Yet again, a window of opportunity for probably the only time in my life to meet someone I admire and I fucked it up.

I think you can see that I am a little upset by this.

I poured myself a glass of wine--just one--and I'll get ready and that will be that. What can I do? Ask for a redo?

Send. Pins. Please.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Well, at least you will be fresh for the show. Why the hell do the M&G's get sent so fucking late anyway?

Have a great time, you are in for a fantastic evening.

Don't forget to report back all of the details.

Soul Reporter said...

Oh, C & W, I feel your pain. I'm so sorry!! You're going to have a great time at the show and hopefully Taylor's amazing show will make up for that little snafu! Can't wait to hear from you.

amynoroom said...

Awe, that sucks!!!!!!