Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I had in my head tonight to write illustrious verse about the wonders of cheese. I've got most of it worked out in my head, to be honest, it may have to wait till tomorrow night. Could it be laziness that prevents my regaling you? No, tis' pain that is the culprit.

Tonight in class, I ended up partnering (by default) with a young man, Vince, who was much like a Frigidaire in his dimensions. He was also a high yellow belt, several levels ahead of me. I thought he may go easy on me, but this is his training time too and he wanted to make the most of it. Once we engaged, I knew it would be tough. We practiced punch combinations and he smacked the focus gloves I held aloft fast and with outright force. The motherfucker hit hard. It was all I could do to deflect his blows and pray his glove wasn't going to make contact with my face. I got through the class with my face intact, though my hands are in some distress. As typing is a little painful tonight, I leave you with apologies and a promise of inspired nonsense tomorrow.

No comments: